1. Is CSJCA a Home Owners Association (HOA)? No, CSJCA is a not-for-profit corporation that owns and manages shared community property in Cape St. John. Unlike an HOA, membership is voluntary, and CSJCA has no interests in or responsibility for individual residences within Cape St. John.
2. Is CSJCA an arm of Anne Arundel County? No, CSJCA has no responsibility for police, firefighting, roadways or utilities such as water, sanitation, snow removal, garbage and recycling collection, etc. See “Links” for references to the relevant agencies.
3. Does every residence in Cape St. John have beach and water access privileges? Only homes for which CSJCA one-time assessments have been paid in full are eligible for beach and water access. Annual membership is a further requirement for beach and water access, and use of CSJCA facilities.
4. Can homes outside the CSJCA boundaries “buy into” CSJCA and become eligible for beach and water access and annual membership? Each time this question has come before the CSJCA community up to now, proposals for such arrangements have been voted down.
5. How can I find out more about CSJCA? You can contact the CSJCA Board of Directors directly using the form under "Contact Us"